The FII Level I Course is two days and covers everything from safety and problem management, breathing techniques, & equipment selection to correct freediving methods for gradual depth progression. This course is ideal for scuba divers, recreational freedivers, and beginners wishing to master the freediving techniques enabling you to confidently freedive to depths up to 66 feet. The maximum breath hold for the course is 3 minutes.
|Date & Location||Sign Up||Instructor|
|April 8-9 in Stuart, FL||Email for more info||Matt|
Florida Freedivers Level 1 FII Freediving Course is $369 Per Student (All prices include boat trip and prices are per person)
- L1 Safety & Problem Management for Freediving
- L1 Static Apnea Technique Development
- L1 Confined Water Rescue and Buddy Supervision Techniques
- Introduction to Freediving Specific Equipment
- Basic Physics and Physiology for the L1 Freediver
- Freediving Technique Development
- Correct Breathing for Freediving
- Equalization Techniques for the L1 Freediver
- Open Water Rescue Skills, Buddy Supervision and Self Evaluation
Day 1: 7:45am until about 5:00-6:00pm (Classroom in morning, lunch, pool in afternoon)
Day 2: 7:45am until about 2:00pm (Boat in morning, lunch, written test)Please keep in mind these times are very general guidelines. Ending times vary depending on course size and weather typically. Lunch is not provided, but you will have about an hour lunch break.
What you will need:
- Mask – A low volume freediving mask is recommended.
- Fins – Long blade freediving fins or snorkeling fins.
- Snorkel – A simple J-tube snorkel will be best.
- Wetsuit – A 3mm is suitable year round in Florida. Open cell is preferable. A 1mm suit is the minimum requirement.
- Weights – Small weights (1-2lbs). It is better to adjust your buoyancy with smaller weights while also creating less drag. Coated weights are recommended, but uncoated weights are permitted as well.
- Weight Belt – A rubber weight belt is necessary. Nylon weight belts are not permitted.
- Freediving Computer – You will need a waterproof timing device. We highly recommend a freediving computer.
(All prices include boat trip and prices are per person)
- 1-2 Students: $1,000 per Student ($2,000 minimum)
- 3-4 Students: $799 per Student
- 5+ Students: $699 per Student
Private classes are scheduled to meet the needs of those in the class. They are perfect for yacht owners and crew, a business team building weekend, family fun weekend, etc. Our instructors can also travel based on availability. We’ve sent instructors across the state, across the country and even across the ocean to the Bahamas. Prices will vary when instructors have to travel, but we are happy to go wherever the diving leads!
emailing us with your private class scheduling needs or questions.